Above the door entering the exhibition hangs a recreation of the triangular sign that originally hung above the porticoes of the Greek Pavilion in 1948. It reads ‘Collezione Peggy Guggenheim’ and the nostalgic echoes continue in the first of two modestly sized rooms, with a full wall covered with a blown up black and white photograph of one of the exhibition walls. In the centre of the room is a three dimensional model of the pavilion installation created by Ivan Simonato based on designs by Venetian architect Carlo Scarpa, who collaborated with the Biennale from 1948 to 1972.
In the second and final room of the exhibition, curator Gražina Subelytė makes use of archival material to give context to the 1948 display, using images from the exhibition and its installation, correspondence and newspaper cuttings. While the first room is an installation in itself, the second room visually outlines the exhibition’s creation.